Updated: May 20
All we have done with this beautiful already existing recipe from the amazing Additive Lifestyle ladies is add our beautiful pure Australian Bee Pollen to it for extra taste and nutrition.
Toasted muesli is a favourite in our house, we make a few variations, but this one is our favourite. You can add any other nuts or seeds that you like (cashews and sunflower seeds would be great as well). Mix it up to suit your own taste buds, that is the best part.
Be sure to get sulphite-free apricots. Apricots are heavily laden with preservatives 220, 223 which extends their shelf life and gives them that bright orange colour. Sulphite-free, naturally dried apricots don’t look appealing as they will be brown, but you won’t risk all the side effects that these preservatives can cause.
By Additive-Free Lifestyle
1 c rolled oats
1/2 c shredded coconut
1/4 c almonds
1/4 c pepita seeds
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1/4 c dried apricots
1 tsp. chia seeds
1/4 c goji berries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper (or silicone mat).
2. On oven tray place your oats, coconut, roughly chopped almonds, pepitas, and maple syrup. Mix these together and flatten them out evenly.
3. Cook in oven for 8-10 minutes, or until golden.
4. Mix in remaining ingredients.
5. Serve with milk and fresh fruit, or with yoghurt. Use it to make a chia pudding, or sprinkle on top of a pudding.
6. Store in an airtight container.