Updated: Oct 17, 2021
This recipe is from Bianca at Daily Food Feed
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted (or gluten-free self-raising flour)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 300g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp EveryMite Low Aussie Salt super spread
- Desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line your baking dish with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Sift half the flour over butter mixture. Stir to combine. Add half the milk. Stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
5. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth top. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
6. Turn out onto a wire rack and wait for the cake to cook down complete. Cut into 16 squares.
7. For the icing, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 40 second intervals. Stop between each interval to stir the chocolate. Once fully melted, add coconut oil and stir to combine
8. Place coconut in a dish. Using a fork, dip 1 piece of cake in icing. Shake off excess. Toss in coconut.
9. Stand for 2 hours or until set.